Tuesday, October 23, 2012, Public Comments: MCDDC Board Members and other concerned citizens addressed the Mayor and City Council regarding the TIRZ 17 Budget for 2013 and CIP 2013-2017 which was on the agenda for approval the following day. Most speakers requested the delay of the vote particularly in light of the recent changes to the TIRZ 17 Board (three new members out of seven, including a new Chair). After Public Comments were concluded, Board Members met with District A CM Helena Brown and her staff. CM Brown prepared a press release (http://www.houstontx.gov/council/a/press/20121023.pdf) supporting delay of the budget vote. Efforts resulted in a two week delay of the vote.
Background and Calendar
- 2016 Annual Meeting for Residents Against Flooding
- About RAF Lawsuit
- April 2009 Flooding and Its Causes
- Briar Branch Creek, new detention and the Bunker Hill Bridge
- Citizen’s Petition to Stop Houston Flooding
- Contact Us
- Donate via Check
- Flood Czar and HCFCD Exec Director “not worsening conditions”
- From the Wall Street Journal: After Harvey, Houston Hopes to Boost Flood Defenses With $2.5 Billion Bond
- Houston City Council – Agenda and Public Comments
- Houston’s Development Practices Leave Region Prone to Flooding
- Houston, we have a problem!
- RAF calendar of events
- Rebuttal to “Boomtown, Flood Town” Reconsidered: An Engineer’s View
- Things you can do to minimize flood damage
- TIRZ Annexation Plan
- UNITING NORTH & SOUTH SIDE HOMEOWNERS
- Will You Support the War Effort?
Donate via Paypal or credit card
Donate via CheckWe are a 501(c)(3), so can accept donations directly. Please mail donations to: RAF P.O. Box 430574 Houston, Tx 77243-0574