Tuesday, October 23, 2012, Public Comments: MCDDC Board Members and other concerned citizens addressed the Mayor and City Council regarding the TIRZ 17 Budget for 2013 and CIP 2013-2017 which was on the agenda for approval the following day. Most speakers requested the delay of the vote particularly in light of the recent changes to the TIRZ 17 Board (three new members out of seven, including a new Chair). After Public Comments were concluded, Board Members met with District A CM Helena Brown and her staff. CM Brown prepared a press release (http://www.houstontx.gov/council/a/press/20121023.pdf) supporting delay of the budget vote. Efforts resulted in a two week delay of the vote.
Background and Calendar
- 2016 Annual Meeting for Residents Against Flooding
- A Plan to Mitigate Flooding in Houston
- About RAF Lawsuit
- April 2009 Flooding and Its Causes
- Briar Branch Creek, new detention and the Bunker Hill Bridge
- Citizen’s Petition to Stop Houston Flooding
- Flood Czar and HCFCD Exec Director “not worsening conditions”
- From the Wall Street Journal: After Harvey, Houston Hopes to Boost Flood Defenses With $2.5 Billion Bond
- Houston City Council – Agenda and Public Comments
- Houston’s Development Practices Leave Region Prone to Flooding
- Houston, we have a problem!
- Mayoral Candidates Provide Their Answers to Houston Flooding
- RAF calendar of events
- Rebuttal to “Boomtown, Flood Town” Reconsidered: An Engineer’s View
- Sylvester Turner’s Flood Policy
- Things you can do to minimize flood damage
- TIRZ Annexation Plan
- Tony Buzbee Statement on Flood Prevention for Residents Against Flooding
- UNITING NORTH & SOUTH SIDE HOMEOWNERS
- Will You Support the War Effort?